|Soni Razdan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1956|
Soni Razdan is a British-Indian actress who is known for being the mother of actress Alia Bhatt and spouse of director Mahesh Bhatt. She has predominantley worked in the Hindi film industry.
Soni Razdan as seen in a picture that was taken in April 2021 (Soni Razdan / Instagram)
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Juhu, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
According to sources, Soni attended Elphinstone College.
- Father – Narendra Nath Razdan
- Mother – Gertrude Hoelzer
- Siblings – Tina Razdan (Sister)
- Others – Emraan Hashmi (Distant Nephew) (Actor)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Soni has dated –
- Mahesh Bhatt (1986-Present) – Soni Razdan tied the knot with film director, producer, and screenwriter Mahesh Bhatt on April 20, 1986. Together, the couple has 2 children Shaheen Bhatt (b. November 28, 1988) and Alia Bhatt (b. March 15, 1993) (Actress, Singer). She is also stepmother to Pooja Bhatt (February 24, 1972) (Film Director, Actress, Voice Over Artist, Model, Film Maker) and Rahul Bhatt (Fitness Trainer, Actor).
Soni Razdan as seen in a selfie that was taken in August 2021, with actress and director Shriya Pilgaonkar (Soni Razdan / Instagram)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She has German ancestry on her mother’s side and Kashmiri Brahmin ancestry on her father’s side.
Soni has appeared in commercials for various brands such as Garnier Fructis.
Soni Razdan as seen in a picture that was taken in July 2021 (Soni Razdan / Instagram)
Soni Razdan Facts
- She is the 2nd wife of director and producer Mahesh Bhatt.
- Soni got her breakthrough in the film industry with her role as Rosemary Stoneham in 36 Chowringhee Lane in 1986. The same year, Soni also appeared in her debut TV show as Sulochana in Buniyaad.
- As a director, Soni has made her debut with the film Nazar in 2005, starring actress Meera and Ashmit Patel.
- Her acting credits include various well-known films including Ahista Ahista, Gumrah, Shootout at Wadala, Noblemen, and Sardar Ka Grandson.
Featured Image By Soni Razdan / Instagram