|Shim Eun-kyung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 31, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shim Eun-kyung is a South Korean actress who is known for her work in various hit films and shows including Sunny (2011), Miss Granny (2014), Fabricated City (2017), and Naeil’s Cantabile (2014).
Shim Eun-kyung as seen in a selfie that was taken in August 2021 (Shim Eun-kyung / Instagram)
Gangneung, South Korea
Eun-kyung attended Eonbuk Elementary School and Cheongdam Middle School. However, after Shim decided to quit acting temporarily to relocate to the United States she continued her studies at a Professional Children’s School located in Pittsburgh in 2013.
- Father – Shim Nam
- Mother – Yang Mi-kyung
Eun-kyung is represented by A.N.D Entertainment (South Korea) and Yumanite (Japan).
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
52 kg or 115 lbs
Shim Eun-kyung as seen in a picture that was taken during Pifan’s opening ceremony on July 17, 2014, where she received a Fantasia Award (Republic of Korea / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0)
Race / Ethnicity
Asian (South Korean)
- Pale white skin tone
- Chiseled jawline
Shim Eun-kyung as seen in a picture that was taken in April 2021 (Shim Eun-kyung / Instagram)
Shim Eun-kyung Facts
- Eun-kyung was only 9 years old when she made her debut in the 2004 TV series The Woman Who Wants to Marry.
- Since the beginning of her acting career, Shim was considered one of the best child actresses of her generation.
- She got her big break in the film industry as Kim Young-hee in Hansel and Gretel in 2007. Eun-kyung garnered further fame with her work in Hwang Jini, The Legend, Women of the Sun, and The Great Merchant.
- Eun-kyung is the youngest in her family.
- In her free time, she loves to listen to music, read science fiction comics, and practice taekwondo.
- She formed a band called Chick and Candy alongside her friends and is the drummer.
- Eun-kyung was the first Korean to have been presented with the Japanese Academy Award (Japan’s equivalent of the Oscars) for “Best Actress”.
Featured Image By Shim Eun-kyung / Instagram