If you’re not familiar with Cubana pizza, get ready to change your life! Once you try this sweet, spicy and simple pizza base, you can’t live without it!
You can serve it with a refreshing drink like my homemade Brazilian lemonade or creamy mango milkshake! This is one of my favorite quick recipes that you can make at home.
What is Pizza Cubanaa?
Cubana pizza is like any other pizza in the world. The main difference is the dough you use to make it. Pizza dough greatly distinguishes different pizzas from different regions.
You can make Cubana pizza with a slightly sweeter pizza dough than your average Italian pizza dough. And, the batter is thicker too, making it bread-like rather than soft and sticky.
Another thing that sets Cubana pizza apart is its simplicity. Ingredients don’t mean heavy flavors or heavy textures . The pizza should be quick and easy with light toppings.
In addition to Cubana pizza.
The toppings commonly used in Cubana pizza are classic. When adding meat, you can use ham, chorizo, ground beef, pepperoni, squash or eggs.
If other vegetables are available, you can add picadillo and green peppers. Of course, you can add a lot more. But everything is cultural.
Read Also, Cava chicken recipe
And finally, you can add delicious homemade tomato sauce and cheese that no pizza can do without. If you’re in Cuba, they only use cheese sauce on cows. But in Miami, you’ll find most pizzas mixed with gouda cheese and mozzarella.
Cubana pizza can also be expected. Once the pizza is done, slice each slice halfway through and make a pizza sandwich. It’s not a staple dish, but many say it’s a way of making Cubana pizza.
If you’re looking for a classic recipe from the Blackstone Pizza Oven, try this delicious Pepperoni Sherry Pizza!
What’s so special about Pizza Cubanaa?
Cubana pizza is known for its crusts. The crust of this pizza is thicker than other types of pizza and it is slightly sweet and bread-like. Cubana pizza can be described as a Cubana sandwich, not a pizza. In other words, he tossed Swiss cheese and garlic with a shot of ham, chorizo or pepperoni.
The ingredients and the effect.
- Yeast: I used activated dried yeast for this recipe, but you can also use instant yeast.
- Sugar: Cubana-style pizza, slightly sweet crust. You can use brown or white sugar in this recipe.
- All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour is great for this recipe. You can use gluten free dough if you prefer.
- Olive oil : Good quality olive oil works well, but you can use other oils like canola or vegetable oil.
- Tomato Sauce: Use canned tomato sauce or pizza dough for this recipe. With homemade tomato sauce, even better.
- Swiss Cheese: If you want authentic Cubana pizza, you’ll need Swiss cheese. We recommend cutting it yourself instead of buying it on time.
- Garlic : Any garlic you have works well in this recipe. Green and yellow peas add great flavor . For added flavor, try caramelizing your onions.
- Ham or Chorizo/Pepperoni Sausage : Serve this pizza with your choice of ham, chorizo or pepperoni. If you are using the whole sausage, cut it into small pieces.
How to Make Pizza Cuba – What You Need.
My recipe consists of three main ingredients: flour, pizza dough and toppings.
For the dough I use a simple yellow pizza dough recipe. It’s how you roll it that makes Cubana pizza unique. It should be about 1/2 inch thick.
Then I also made my pizza dough from scratch. This sauce can be served when the pizza dough has risen (comfortably). It is simple and uses some simple but delicious ingredients .
Finally, to assemble the pizza, you can spread the sauce on the dough crust and add cheese and toppings.
Tips and tricks to make the best pizza Cubana.
- I highly recommend investing in a pizza pan or pizza stone. This tool helps your pizza dough reach its base, wet and soft.
- For thicker Cubana pizzas, you can roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. However, a standard Cubana pizza is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Dust a baking sheet, pizza pan or pizza stone with semolina flour to add something extra to your basic dough. The crunch adds sweetness and crunch to every bite .
- You can use whatever toppings you like for this pizza. As I mentioned earlier, Cubana pizza is pretty simple when it comes to the types of toppings typically used. So don’t overdo things.
- To prepare the dough ahead of time, place the pie in the fridge for 1 hour. When it can’t be handled without twisting it, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or plastic wrap. Return to the fridge and store up to 3 months.
Topping ideas for pizza Cubanaa.
Popular Cubana pizza toppings include diced ham, sausage or pepperoni. You can also add some seafood like beans or salmon. Cubana pizza is usually served with Swiss cheese , but sometimes other cheeses like gouda or mozzarella are added. Garnish with chopped parsley.
I have to ask questions.
What toddings can you use for Pizza Cubana?
If you don’t like the toppings used on your Cubana-style pizza, you can always switch things up. But Cubana pizza isn’t always easy. The toppings are nutritious and there are very few traditional vegetables you can add.
Where can I buy pizza Cubana?
There aren’t many pizzerias that sell authentic Cubana pizza. Maybe Miami is the best place. You can also try buying Cubana pizza dough online.
Is Pizza Cuba going to say goodbye?
No, Cubana pizza is not reliable, but it is a popular recipe. In fact, most Cubanas don’t open their pizza. There is more than a lot to do in Miami.