|Lee Jung-jae Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 15, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lee Jung-jae is a South Korean actor and model who had started his career in the entertainment industry as a fashion model before his acting career took off with TV series such as Feelings (1994) and Sandglass (1995). He is also well recognized for his work in films such as An Affair (1998), Il Mare (2000), Over the Rainbow (2002), Oh! Brothers (2003), Typhoon (2005), New World (2013), and The Face Reader (2013). In 2021, he had starred as the main lead of Netflix‘s survival drama TV series Squid Game that became a global craze.
Lee Jung-jae as seen in an Instagram Post in March 2021 (Lee Jung-jae / Instagram)
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Lee, deep into his acting career in the mid-2000s, had joined the Department of Theater & Film Art in the Graduate School of Cultural Arts at Dongguk University, a private, coeducational university in South Korea. He had earned his master’s degree in theater and film from there in August 2008.
Lee Jung-jae as seen in an Instagram Post in June 2019 (Lee Jung-jae / Instagram)
- Father – Lee Chul-seong
- Siblings – He has a brother.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lee has dated –
- Kim Min-hee (2003–2006)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Korean descent.
Lee Jung-jae as seen in an Instagram Post in May 2018 (Lee Jung-jae / Instagram)
- Lanky frame
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
Lee Jung-jae as seen in an Instagram Post in August 2021 (Lee Jung-jae / Instagram)
Lee Jung-jae Facts
- Lee was discovered in 1993 by fashion designer Ha Yong-soo while he was working at a café in Apgujeong, Seoul. He had thereafter worked as a fashion model for more than 5 years.
- In 1999, in the early phase of his stardom as an actor, he was charged with driving under the influence after he had smashed his BMW into a car in the adjacent lane. He was detained and after a few tests were conducted, he was found to have had a blood alcohol reading of 0.222%. He had been charged with a similar misdemeanor in 2002 as well.
- For his portrayal of the character of Hong-ki in the 1999 drama film City of the Rising Sun, he had won the ‘Best Actor’ award at the Blue Dragon Film Awards.
- Only after earning his master’s degree in theater and film from Dongguk University in August 2008, had he made his theater debut. In December 2008, he had taken on the titular role in a play called Hamlet in Water.
- He owns a chain of upscale Italian restaurants in his hometown of Seoul. The restaurants have been named after one of his highly successful movies Il Mare (2000). A past student of interior design, he had chosen against hiring anyone for the decor of these restaurants and had designed their interior on his own.
- In 2008, he had founded a real estate development company known as Seorim C&D. He has co-owned several other businesses with his close friend and actor Jung Woo-sung. In May 2016, they had established an entertainment label called The Artist Company. They had served as the CEOs of the new organization. They had been great friends ever since they had co-starred in City of the Rising Sun.
- For his portrayal of the character of Hoon in the 2010 melodramatic erotic thriller film The Housemaid, he had won the ‘Best Actor’ award at the Fantasporto Director’s Week Awards.
Featured Image by Lee Jung-jae / Instagram