|Sara McMann Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 24, 1980|
Sara McMann is an American professional mixed martial artist and former freestyle wrestler who began competing in the bantamweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2013. As of July 2021, she was ranked number 9 in the UFC bantamweight rankings. Before joining UFC in 2013, she had put together an undefeated winning streak of 6–0, competing in promotions such as Universal Cage Combat, BlackEye Promotions, Titan Fighting Championships, ProElite, and Invicta FC. Before starting her professional mixed martial arts career in 2010, she was an accomplished freestyle wrestler and had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2007 Krasnoyarsk Wrestling World Cup (63 kg), the 2003 Santo Domingo Pan American Games (63 kg), the 2007 Rio de Janeiro Pan American Games (63 kg), and the 2001 Santo Domingo Pan American Championships (62 kg). She had clinched the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2004 Athens Olympic Games (63 kg), the 2003 New York World Wrestling Championships (63 kg), the 2003 Boise Wrestling World Cup (63 kg), and the 2000 Cali Pan American Championships. She had also secured the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2005 Budapest World Wrestling Championships (63 kg), the 2007 Baku World Wrestling Championships (63 kg), and the 2006 Sari Wrestling World Cup (63 kg).
Sara McMann as seen in an Instagram Post in February 2021 (Sara McMann / Instagram)
Takoma Park, Montgomery County, Maryland, United States
Sacramento, California, United States
Sara had attended the McDowell High School, a public school in Marion, North Carolina. After her high school graduation, in 1998, she had joined the University of Minnesota Morris, a public liberal arts college in Morris, Minnesota. In 1999, she had taken a transfer to the Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania, a public university in Lock Haven, Pennsylvania.
She had graduated from there in 2003 with a degree in theatre studies. In August 2010, she had earned an MA/EDS degree, with a major in mental health counseling, from the Gardner–Webb University, a private, Christian university in Boiling Springs, North Carolina.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist, Freestyle Wrestler (Retired)
Sara McMann as seen in an Instagram Post in August 2021 (Sara McMann / Instagram)
- Father – Thomas William McMann
- Mother – Paula Jean McMann
- Siblings – Jason McMann (Older Brother) (d. January 23, 1999), Nicolina McMann (Sister)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sara has dated –
- Steven Blackford (2003-2004) – Sara had started dating former college-level wrestler Steven Blackford in 2003. On September 3, 2004, a 4-wheeler that she was driving had gone off the road and rolled over. Steven, who was engaged to her at the time, was her co-passenger. He was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident, had been ejected from the seat as the vehicle rolled over, and had died on the spot. Sara had been hospitalized with a broken arm and minor injuries and had been later charged with careless driving.
- Trent Goodale (2008-2014) – Sara had started dating wrestling coach Trent Goodale in 2008. They have a daughter together named Bella (b. 2009). The pair had parted ways in 2014.
- Chad Bingham (2016-Present) – Sara had started dating kung fu practitioner and coach Chad Bingham in 2016. They have a son together named Lucas (b. December 2018).
Sara McMann and Chad Bingham, as seen in December 2020 (Sara McMann / Instagram)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Shoulder-length, frizzy hair
- Radiant face
- Affable smile
- Has a mole on her neck
Sara McMann as seen in an Instagram Post in May 2021 (Sara McMann / Instagram)
Sara McMann Facts
- Sara had started pursuing wrestling at the age of 14, inspired by her brother who was a high school wrestler. Besides wrestling, she used to participate in theatre productions at her high school.
- She holds the record of being the first American female ever to win a ‘Silver’ medal at an Olympic wrestling event. She had achieved the feat at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens.
- In the mid-2000s, she had done some volunteer work for Habitat for Humanity, a Christian housing ministry. She had traveled to Sri Lanka to help rebuild the homes of some of the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.
- She holds a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Featured Image by Sara McMann / Instagram