|Juanes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1972|
Juanes is a Colombian musician, singer, and songwriter who had started his career in 1988 by forming the rock band Ekhymosis through which he had released 7 studio albums. After the group disbanded in 1998, he had embarked on a solo career and launched studio albums such as Fíjate Bien (2000), Un Día Normal (2002), Mi Sangre (2004), La Vida… Es Un Ratico (2007), P.A.R.C.E. (2010), Loco de Amor (2014), Mis Planes son Amarte (2017), Más Futuro que Pasado (2019), and Origen (2021). The first of these albums had won him 3 Latin Grammy Awards. As of September 2021, he had won 20 Latin Grammy Awards and 2 Grammy Awards. Over the course of his stellar career, he has sold more than 15 million albums worldwide. In 2010, he was honored with the ‘BMI President’s Award’ at the BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.) Latin Awards. In April 2013, he had released an autobiography titled Chasing The Sun.
Juan Esteban Aristizábal Vásquez
Juanes as seen in an Instagram Post in July 2021 (Juanes / Instagram)
Carolina del Príncipe, Antioquia, Colombia
Key Biscayne, Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States
Musician, Singer, Songwriter
Juanes as seen in an Instagram Post in May 2021 (Juanes / Instagram)
- Father – Javier Aristizábal Sánchez (Deceased)
- Mother – Alicia Vásquez Restrepo
- Siblings – Luz Cecilia (Sister). He has 2 older brothers.
- Others – Efraín Martínez (Father-in-Law), Olga Insignares (Mother-in-Law), Abel Aristizábal Pérez (Paternal Grandfather), Matilde Sánchez Restrepo (Paternal Grandmother), Emilio Arturo Vásquez Marín (Maternal Grandfather), Elvira Restrepo Cambas (Maternal Grandmother)
Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Latin Pop, Cumbia, Latin Rock, Reggaeton, Spanish Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Violin, Piano, Trumpet, Flute
Universal Music Group
Juanes’ net worth had been $20 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Juanes has dated –
- Tatiana De Los Rios
- Ximena Ángel
- Karen Martínez (2002-Present) – Juanes had started dating Colombian actress and model Karen Martínez in 2002 after they had first met during the filming of a music video. They got married on August 6, 2004, and have 3 children together – 2 daughters named Luna Aristizábal Martínez (b. September 6, 2003) and Paloma Aristizábal Martínez (b. June 2, 2005), and a son named Dante Aristizábal Martínez (b. September 12, 2009). In May 2007, the couple had separated briefly due to some unresolved differences but had reconciled 4 months later.
- Johana Bahamón (2007)
Juanes and Karen Martínez, as seen in August 2020 (Juanes / Instagram)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and White)
He is of Colombian (Spanish [Andalusian, Aragonese, Asturian, Canary Islander, Cantabrian, Castilian, Extremaduran, Leonese], Basque, Galician, and remote Indigenous [Muisca]), French, and distant Portuguese descent.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, neck-length, straight hair
- Sports a thick beard
Juanes as seen in an Instagram Post in August 2021 (Juanes / Instagram)
- A child prodigy, Juanes had started playing the piano when he was just 2 years old. When he was 7 years old, his father and older brothers had taught him how to play the guitar.
- He was brought up in the city of Medellín during the peak of notorious drug kingpin Pablo Escobar’s reign of terror, a time when the city had the highest homicide rate in the world. His childhood was tumultuous due to his experiences during this conflict and he had seen a cousin killed by kidnappers, and a close friend executed by gunmen.
- He has been involved with several charitable foundations and is most well recognized for his humanitarian aid work for Colombian victims of anti-personnel mines through his NGO called Fundacion Mi Sangre.
- He is a vegetarian.
Featured Image by Juanes / Instagram