|Im Soo-hyang Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Im Soo-hyang is a South Korean actor who rose to popularity with her role as Dan Sa-ran in the romantic melodrama television series New Tales of Gisaeng in 2011. In addition to that, she has also been a part of various other shows and movies which include the likes of Gangnam Beauty, Salamander Guru and The Shadows, 4th Period Mystery, Five Enough, Criminal Minds, Iris II: New Generation, When I Was The Prettiest, Doctor Lawyer, Blow Breeze, Eun-ha, Inspiring Generation, Graceful Family, Iris 2: The Movie, Lovers in Bloom, The Quack Philosophers, Top Star U-back, Romance Package, Shaolin Clenched Fists, Busted!, Beauty Bible 2017, Paradise Ranch, Village Survival, the Eight, and I Do, I Do.
Lim Su-hyang, Lim Soo-hyang
Im Soo-hyang as seen while taking a mirror selfie in April 2021 (Im Soo-hyang / Instagram)
Busan, South Korea
Im Soo-hyang attended Chung-Ang University, one of the leading private comprehensive research universities in South Korea.
Im Soo-hyang has been signed with FN Entertainment.
Im Soo-hyang posing for a stunning picture in 2021 (Im Soo-hyang / Instagram)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Im Soo-hyang is of South Korean descent.
Im Soo-hyang in October 2018 (뉴스인스타 / YouTube / CC BY 3.0)
Im Soo-hyang Facts
- She made her first theatrical film appearance in the 2009 thriller film 4th Period Mystery.
- For her role as Dan Sa-ran in New Tales of Gisaeng, Im Soo-hyang received the 4th Korea Drama Award for “Best New Actress” and “New Star Award” at the SBS Drama Awards. The role also got her nominated at the 48th Baeksang Arts Awards in the “Best New Actress (TV)” category.
- In 2012, Im Soo-hyang played Yeom Na-ri/Jang Na-ri, the youngest daughter of the chairman of Hanyoung Apparel, in the romantic comedy-drama television series I Do, I Do, about a successful shoe designer in her late 30s whose career is sidetracked when she accidentally becomes pregnant. This performance earned her a nomination at the MBC Drama Awards in the “Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries” category.
- Alongside Kim Hyun-joong and Jin Se-yeon, Im Soo-hyang co-starred as Lady Gaya Deguchi in the period romantic action drama series Inspiring Generation in 2014 and this role got her nominated at KBS Drama Awards in categories like “Excellence Award, Actress in a Mid-length Drama”, “Netizen Award, Actress”, and “Best Couple Award” (with Kim Hyun-joong).
- She played Moo Goong-hwa in the family melodrama series Lovers in Bloom in 2017 and this won her the KBS Drama Award in the “Excellence Award, Actress in a Daily Drama” category.
- Im Soo-hyang co-starred alongside Cha Eun-woo, Jo Woo-ri, and Kwak Dong-yeon in the coming-of-age romantic comedy-drama series Gangnam Beauty in 2018. Im Soo-hyang was cast as Kang Mi-rae, a timid and insecure girl who has low self-esteem due to her “ugly” appearance, in the show and the role won her the 26th Korea Culture and Entertainment Award for “Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Drama”.
- Apart from Korean, she also speaks English.
Featured Image by Im Soo-hyang / Instagram