|Choi Sung-won Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Choi Sung-won is a South Korean actor and theatre artist who has been cast in projects like Reply 1988, Miracle That We Met, Gangnam Beauty, Slow Video, Drama Special – The Disappearance of the Member of Parliament, My Absolute Boyfriend, Drama Special – The Wind Blows to the Hope, Drama Special – Our Happy Youth, The Accidental Detective, The Accidental Detective 2: In Action, Psychopath Diary, Prison Playbook, and Mirror of the Witch.
Choi Sung-won as seen during an event (안쓰 ansi / tistory.com / CC BY-SA 4.0)
Choi Sung-won studied at Sunjung High School in Seoul, South Korea and then attended Kookmin University‘s Department of Theatre and Film.
Actor, Theatre Artist
Choi Sung-won has been signed with Zen Stars.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Choi Sung-won is of South Korean descent.
Choi Sung-won Facts
- He made his first theatrical film appearance as Loan shark in the 2014 comedy film Slow Video, starring Cha Tae-hyun and Nam Sang-mi.
- From 2015 to 2016, Choi Sung-won was cast as Sung No-eul, Duk-seon’s younger brother who is a kindhearted young teen with a beautiful singing voice and a poetic, dreamer’s mind, in the family romantic comedy television series Reply 1988.
- It was reported on May 9, 2016, that Choi Sung-won has been diagnosed with acute leukemia. This made him quit the historical fantasy romantic comedy television series Secret Healer (also known as Mirror of the Witch) in order to focus on his health.
- It was revealed in February 2017 that he was recovering from his condition and will return through a stage play titled Miracles of the Namiya General Store. His agency stated in July 2017 that the actor has healed completely. However, Choi Sung-won’s leukemia reappeared and he was hospitalized on November 20, 2020.
- In 2018, he played the character named Song Jung-ho, a sophomore who is a mood maker and has had a crush on Ye-na since the first year, in the coming-of-age romantic comedy-drama television series Gangnam Beauty.
- Choi Sung-won played the supporting role of Jo Young-chul in the 2018 crime comedy film The Accidental Detective 2: In Action, a sequel to the 2015 film The Accidental Detective.
- As a theatre artist, he has been a part of plays and musicals such as Finding Mr. Destiny, The Goddess is Watching, Miracles of the Namiya General Store, Oh! While You Were Sleeping, Black Mary Poppins, and A Dramatic Night.
- In 2019, Choi Sung-won brought to life the character of Heo Taek-soo, Bo-kyung partner in police, in the comedy thriller television series Psychopath Diary.
Featured Image by 안쓰 ansi / tistory.com / CC BY-SA 4.0