|Anupam Tripathi Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|November 2, 1988
Anupam Tripathi is an Indian actor, stage artist, and voice actor. He shot to fame in 2021 with his role as Ali Abdul in Netflix’s South Korean survival drama series Squid Game. He has also been cast in other shows and movies which include Ode to My Father, Asura: The City of Madness, Hospital Playlist, Descendants of the Sun, Just Between Lovers, Miss and Mrs. Cops, Heart Blackened, Strangers from Hell, Taxi Driver, The Phone, Luck Key, Arthdal Chronicles, and Let’s Eat 2.
Anupam Tripathi as seen in November 2018 (Anupam Tripathi / Instagram)
New Delhi, India
Anupam Tripathi has been trained in singing and acting. He also attended the Korea National University of Arts, a national university in Seoul, South Korea.
Actor, Voice Actor, Stage Artist
Anupam Tripathi in an Instagram post in August 2021 (Anupam Tripathi / Instagram)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Anupam Tripathi is of Indian descent.
Anupam Tripathi in September 2021 (Anupam Tripathi / Instagram)
Anupam Tripathi Facts
1. He was born into a middle-class family in New Delhi.
2. In 2006, Anupam started training in singing and acting. He moved to South Korea in the year 2010 to attend the Korea National University of Arts.
3. He made his first theatrical film appearance as a Sri Lankan Man in the 2014 South Korean drama film Ode to My Father. It became the 4th highest-grossing film in the history of South Korean cinema.
4. He was cast as an Indian Worker in the 2016 South Korean action crime film Asura: The City of Madness.
5. Anupam Tripathi brought to life the character of Kumail in the South Korean psychological thriller television series Hell Is Other People in 2019.
6. He was seen as an Arabian Subordinate in the 2019 South Korean crime comedy film Miss & Mrs. Cops.
7. Alongside Lee Jung-jae, Park Hae-soo, Wi Ha-joon, Jung Ho-yeon, O Yeong-su, Heo Sung-tae, and Kim Joo-ryoung, Anupam Tripathi co-starred as Abdul Ali, a foreign worker from Pakistan who enters the Game to provide for his young family after his employer refuses to pay him for months, in the Netflix action-thriller survival drama series Squid Game in 2021. The show became one of Netflix’s most-watched programs in several regional markets.
8. Following the success of Squid Game, his follower count on Instagram increased from 10,000 to more than 3.5 million in a matter of days.
9. He is fluent in Korean.
Featured Image by Anupam Tripathi / Instagram